What We Do With What We Know!
This policy maybe updated from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- i.Information regarding your use of our site, including details of the pages visited and the resources that you access. Such information is used to improve our user’s experiences.
- ii.Information provided by you which may include, but is not limited to, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses collected through processing of purchases, submissions to our contact form, or entries in any of our competitions.
- iii.Any Information provided when you communicate with us by any means.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via the site or through correspondence (including telephone calls) with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen Log-Barn partner(s) so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration. Our partners may use subcontractors (including to assist with delivery and fulfillment) to process and provide your orders to you.
- Planning and managing log-barn.co.uk business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, success of advertisements and push notifications and product and style preferences of our customers.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news from log-barn.co.uk.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from partner stores on our site.
- We may make your name and email address available to companies in order to advertise and market our services to you through other platforms on the internet (e.g. Facebook).
- Passing on details of your order (but not payment details) and personal information where you have purchased a gift from a wedding list on poker-clothing.com to the users who created such wedding list.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- When we instruct agents, contractors or third party service providers to provide business operations support (including advertising and marketing advice and support), financial services and technology services. Please note that these third parties are under contract, and our service agreements dictate that they only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our partners’ products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- To the users who created a wedding list on kingsofoutdoors.com if you have purchased a gift from such wedding list.
- If a customer recommends you as part of our ‘refer-a-friend’ scheme, we shall notify them that you are already a shopper with Log-barn. We will not share any of your purchase or other details with that customer.
We may from time to time email the contacts in our database with special offers or general information.
How To Unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please change your communication preferences accordingly by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Data Over The Internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at log-barn.co.uk, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Third Party Website Links
Access To Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £12 to cover costs incurred.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to log-barn using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
Please note: to make full use of poker-clothing.com and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The log-barn website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
- The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.what is a cookie?
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like log-barn.co.uk to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
Types of cookie:
Session (or Transient) Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer’s memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They allow you to move from page to page without having to log-in repeatedly. Persistent (or Permanent) Cookies
Persistent cookies are stored in your computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to keep your preferences for the website, so they will be remembered for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse shopping behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well the website works and where it can be improved.
Flash Cookies (or Locally Shared Objects)
You probably have Adobe Flash installed on your computer. Websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies.
Flash cookies can also back up the data that is stored in other cookies. When you delete cookies, your Flash cookies are not affected. So a website may still recognise you if it backed up the deleted cookie information on a Flash cookie.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here:
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.